- This post may contain affiliate links. Using links to these sites means I may earn a percentage of the purchase at no extra cost to you.
I suppose I have never been able to find the right sugar cookie, now don’t get me wrong, I have found some good ones but just not the right ones. Well this recipe here is the right one for me. This awesome easy sugar cookie has the right amount of crunch without being to dry, the right amount of sweet with a touch of real vanilla and a taste of butter, I like real butter.
This is just an awesome combination of all ingredients and easy to make, and I like easy. I had to combine a few different recipes and some of my own ideas to come up with this, along with a few thoughts from my wife. Now, if you are a guy and reading this take my advice and listen to your wife, you may not like it but she is probably right. If you are a guy and not married be very careful with these cookies or you may be soon, once they find out you can bake they might just ask you, lol.
Ok, from the start there is no video, I only had two hands but I was able to take a lot of pictures. There will be a list of ingredients at the bottom along with the directions all in one location so you don’t have to keep scrolling back and forth to make these. I hate it when I have to do that but sometimes it happens. There will also be some links to check out if you need anything.
The Sugar Cookie Journey Begins
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, make sure the oven is empty before doing this, you never know what you may find in an oven.
That is a picture of the 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon of salt combined in a large bowl ready to be whisked together. The following two pictures are of the mixture before whisking and after so you can see the difference. You wanna whisk it well so we get a good rise across all the cookies.
I set the dry mixture aside, I like to think because it needs to rest and let the flavors mingle together and give it a better taste but it’s not, I am just not ready to use it yet.
Next we combine the 1 1/2 cups of pure cane sugar, or in my case that plus about an 1/8th of a cup more.
with 2 full sticks of softened or room temperature real butter, I use salted but you can use either.
mix or blend these until it is light and fluffy,
Next we combine 2 large eggs, one at a time while mixing slowly
Then we add the 3 teaspoons of real vanilla, I suppose you could use the fake stuff but it would just be a lie. After adding the real vanilla grab the dry mixture and slowly add it to this and mix well. You may need to scrape the side of the bowl and the paddle as needed, make sure to stop the mixer first, don’t ask how I know.
This should be what it looks like once it is all mixed and ready for rolling.
Roll the dough into 1 inch or 1 1/2 inch balls or whatever size you prefer, the inch or so usually turns into about 48 cookies. Roll them in sugar and place them about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet and give them a little smush. Make sure the baking sheet has parchment paper placed on it.
Place these in a preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes, timing is everything folks. Using a pot holder or glove rotate the baking sheet and bake another 5 minutes, no longer.
Using your pot holder or glove remove the cookies from the oven and let them sit for a couple of minutes before placing on a cooling rack, or for me my dehydrator trays.
And there you have it folks, awesome easy sugar cookies. I know as long as this post was you would think it might take forever to do these, it doesn’t. Check out the ingredient list and directions below. It probably takes about 15 minutes of prep time and then each set takes 10 minutes to cook. It is well worth it folks and Christmas is the time of year to share these with your friends and family, or not. Let me know how yours turned out and who wants more.
Ingredients with Links and Directions
- 1 1/2 cups pure cane sugar (plus an 1/8th of a cup if your like me)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (we like Wheat Montana flour) https://amzn.to/38qqnaE
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder https://amzn.to/36i1AUs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 full sticks of real butter at room temperature or softened (salted or unsalted)
- 3 teaspoons real vanilla https://amzn.to/2E5e5qg
- 2 large eggs
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- combine flour, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl and whisk together, set this to the side
- combine sugar and butter in separate mixing bowl and blend until light and fluffy
- add one egg at a time while blending slowly
- add vanilla until well blended
- slowly add flour mixture, scrape bowl and paddle as needed until well blended
- roll dough into balls (1 inch to 1 1/2 inch worked for us)
- roll in sugar
- space dough about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet with parchment paper so it doesn’t stick, press down slightly on each one
- bake 5 minutes then rotate baking sheet, bake for another 5 minutes (remember to use a pot holder or glove when rotating and removing cookie sheet)
- place on a cooling rack after a couple of minutes